HiT Software helps businesses gain strategic IT advantage with high-performance infrastructure
products for relational database integration. Below, our customers share their experiences with
HiT Software products. Read these case studies to see how others implement our products within
their IT environment.
(Click on product logo below for product-specific case studies)
DBMoto Data Replication
JAS Forwarding Worldwide: JAS Forwarding uses DBMoto® to replicate data globally in support of its Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing activities. DBMoto provides real-time data availability and fresh updates to critical business reporting through Change Data Capture.
- F.lli GANCIA & C.SPA: DBMoto® provides Data Replication and Change Data Capture for Gancia commercial winemaking in Italy. DBMoto implementation supports data migration to ERP and data sharing between enterprise applications.
- Animal: DBMoto® provides reliable and easy-to-implement data replication between
IBM iSeries and MySQL for Animal, a leading UK retailer of specialized sports apparel,
equipment and accessories.
- Financiera Pagos Internacionales C.F.: addresses the financial management needs of more than 1.3 million
banking and consumer credit customers, servicing customer deposits, international remittances and investment lending. Financiera
Pagos Internacionales depends on DBMoto® for Online, Real-time Financial Data Availability.
- Buró de Crédito: Buró de Crédito is the Credit Bureau reporting agency for all of Mexico.
Its business relies on constant data changes - both updates and new entries - on consumer and business entities. Buró de Crédito depends on
DBMoto's Change Data Capture to transparently update data between its multiple IBM DB2 and Informix databases without disruption to
client services or activities.
Qualitas-IT: A London based IT outsource company and systems integrator. Established in
2005, their team of highly-skilled Consulting Engineers draws upon both operational and strategic
leadership experience to deliver the right type of solution to their clients. When a global customer
called upon them to deliver a data replication solution, Qualitas-IT selected DBMoto for its ease of
use and the simple fact it could do what they needed it to do.
EFCO Corporation: A Pella Company, is well known for its glass windows, sliding doors and curtain
wall systems. The company also manufactures aluminum window units, entrances and storefronts for commercial
architectural applications. EFCO's projects have included historical replication work, custom design work, as well
as new construction. DBMoto takes the processing load off EFCO's manufacturing system on the AS/400 and effectively
distributes access to the database.
- Andrews Consulting/RapidDecision: Andrews Consulting, a leading consulting firm focused on business intelligence and analytics solutions for IBM i users, uses DBMoto's real-time integration functionality to speed data movement between IBM DB2 for i and other relational databases used by Andrews Consulting's RapidDecision BI application.
- ASL Modena: A National
Health Services company in Italy performs real-time intelligent
data delivery with HiT's DBMoto, formerly known as DB2Motion.
- BancAssurance Popolari S.p.A. (BAP): a life insurance company based in Italy, needed a solution to keep data continuously updated between its IBM DB2 and SQL Server databases. BAP researched its options and selected DBMoto for its rapid implementation, future
flexibility, performance and ease of use.
- Banco BICSA: This Central American financial services organization supports the commercial financing requirements of corporate and correspondent banks for six offices including Miami, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua, and Panama. Banco BICSA selected DBMoto to provide an automatic and reliable way to integrate data between IBM DB2 and Microsoft SQL Server, in order to support business intelligence and reporting applications.
- Cheshire County Council: Cheshire County Council needed to find a way to ensure critical information was available to in-house project teams in an easily accessible format without having to invest in major infrastructure enhancements. To do this, Cheshire County
Council's Infomation Services Team turned to DBMoto as an effective way to replicate data.
- Epson Precision (Hong Kong): One of
the largest overseas subsidiaries of the Japanese
Seiko Epson Corporation, improves warehouse management with DBMoto.
- Ferrari North America: Ferrari North America, subsidiary of Ferrari S.p.a, Italy and symbol
of the automotive industry, uses DBMoto to replicate DB2 tables running on System i to Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Access. The solution delivers data for personalized
views and dashboards used internally at Ferrari. The development team were able to set up replications quickly and easily, even including filters to skip non-essential data.
- GFS Canada: A premier foodservice distributor, turns to HiT Software for its data replication
needs in the implementation of an Enterprise-wide Business Intelligence (BI) Solution for all Divisions of GFS Canada with DBMoto.
Food Service Giant Uses DBMoto for BI Solution
- Gullivers Travel Associates: one of the world's leading travel wholesalers based in the UK, uses DBMoto to replicate constantly changing data on their IBM i system to a MySQL database where they service their travel customers.
- HMV Japan: HMV Japan K.K. is a leading importer and retailer of CDs, DVDs, records, associated accessories, and books in Japan. When the time came to develop a data
warehouse application, HMV Japan evaluated and selected HiT Software’s DBMoto.
- The Irplast Group SPA: Irplast’s core business is the production of printed adhesive tape and packaging systems used by some of the best known Italian and international brands in the consumer products sector. For their business continuity requirement, Irplast selected
DBMoto for data replication between IBM i and Microsoft SQL Server. DBMoto offered more benefits when compared to other high-availability products on the market.
- Lab Logistics Group (LLG): a European laboratory supplier cooperative, provides centralized services such as warehousing and purchasing to more than 80 different suppliers. DBMoto provides real-time data exchange between heterogeneous databases to improve system responsiveness and data availability for multiple users.
- Peru's International Potato Center, CIP: A non profit organization with the goal to reduce poverty and achieve food security on a sustained basis in developing countries through scientific research and related activities on potato, sweetpotato, and other root and tuber
crops and on the improved management of natural resources in the Andes and other
mountain areas. CIP turned to HiT Software's DBMoto to provide a key component for its
data replication needs in the creation and implementation of a critical data centralization project.
- Physician Associates: A network of over 800 independent physicians in private practice
web-based medical management software for physician referral replicating
critical data via DBMoto.
DBMoto Offers Replication Solutions to Physicians' Group
- TriActive: pioneer of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for Information Systems Management depends on DBMoto to coordinate their customer data availability across multiple Oracle databases.
- White Flower Farm: A
mail-order nursery located in northwestern Connecticut uses DBMoto
to replicate iSeries data.
Allora XML Mapping
- Cenveo, Inc. (NYSE: CVO): Cenveo retains a multi-million account with a Fortune 20 health
care services provider using Allora.
Middleware Helps Supplier Meet Web Catalog Requirement
- General Atomics Electronic systems, Inc. (GA-ESI):
Leading energy company integrate its terminal management systems with SAP using Allora.
- Global Knowledge: Global Knowledge
builds a fully integrated education and training
platform with Allora.
- JSC Lengipromez: JSC Lengipromez, an engineering
provider for the metallurgical industry, chose Allora and MySQL to create, maintain, exchange
and publish contracts with its
partners and customers.
- Luxembourg Stock Exchange: a major European listing center for international bonds, equities and investment funds, provides a data collection and dissemination platform used by its investors, clients, agents and other partners. Information is received in XML file format and must be transformed between XML and the Stock Exchange’s relational databases. Luxembourg Stock Exchange selected Allora to manage the transformations based on its scalability, flexibility, ease-of-use and ease of maintenance.
- Network Advantage LLC Integrates Data for
Physician Practice: Network Advantage LLC, a HiT Software System
Integration Partner, creates a MySQL data warehouse including data transformed
from XML to MySQL using Allora.
- NYC Dept. of Health: NYC Dept. of Health
and Mental Hygiene uses Allora for Reporting
- Sorrento Electronics: A
major developer of automated distribution systems to the Petroleum
industry exchanges data with their customers with Allora.
- Transportation Industry Leader in Dallas, Texas:
Transportation Industry Leader Links Logistics and POS with Allora.
- Carrefour: The largest retailer group in Europe uses HiT OLEDB Server/400 to drive data
- Ingram Micro: The
largest wholesale provider of technology products uses HiT JDBC/DB2
to automate customer licensing.
- Tavilo and Morgan Corporation create Morgan Information Gateway: Morgan Corporation is the nation's foremost truck body manufacturer. Tavilo Incorporated, provider
of Real Time Business Intelligence and Performance Management software solutions for the manufacturing industry, worked with Morgan to roll out an enterprise-wide information portal based on data residing on an IBM iSeries system (System i). They used HiT Software's
Ritmo for iSeries .NET Data Provider to access corporate data.
- Venmar Ventilations: The
largest manufacturer of ventilation systems in North America
uses HiT OLEDB Server/400 to link AS/400 data with Microsoft SQL Server